Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is There Anybody Out There?

March 3rd, 2052

Tonight I'm leaving this place.

I know it's taken me four years to make up my mind, and I'm scared shitless, but I have to get out or I'll go crazy.

The world has to know. They have to. Right now they're as good as dead- walking corpses. If the world doesn't have time to prepare, everything we've worked so hard to create will destroyed. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about how little time we have left. Life is short to begin with...no one deserves this. Not a single soul on this planet, save for the three men who started this mess. I don't even believe in God but every night I pray to him.

It seems like such a simple thing, to walk straight out the door and just never look back, but it isn't. The guards stand constant like sentinels, their eyes veiled behind dark sunglasses. You don't even know if they're actually watching you, or if they're even breathing. It scares the hell out of me. I want to go home so badly. I haven't seen William in three years. I don't even know if he's still waiting for me. For all I know he could be dead, laying 6-feet under with so many other spouses and family of some who work here.

I don't even know if anyone will ever find this letter...there's such a small chance it will make it into the hands of someone who can DO something about all this, but it's worth taking. For the future.

Death is the only escape. I refuse to work for these monsters any longer.

Enclosed are detailed records and blueprints about everything they're doing here. Please, please, share them with the world. I'm counting on you. I have no idea who you are, where you're from, or what you do, but it doesn't matter. Thank you. Thank you for everything.

William, if you're out there, I'm sorry.

Leah Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment