Thursday, February 24, 2011

Don't do drugs, kids.

I was bored the other day so I wrote this.
If you want to know what the song is, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3Mhy6zuW0
YES, it's sort of a song-fic, but also not really. The music is actually THERE, so does it still count? Yeah. I was going to jazz it up more but I have a novel to write, damn it! So enjoy this crap.


The night air chilled her lungs, taken in by sharp breaths, her feet pounding on the wet pavement, ringing out in the night. All around her the music seemed to pound, the ground shaking from the bass lines, trembling synths soaring through her flesh.

'Cause tonight I'm gonna start a fire

I'm gonna lose my self-control

You know what I want

Nothing's gonna stop me now

Her heart pounded in her chest wildly, her breath nearly catching. Around her the world spun, the flashing lights from the concert chasing her, beams of green and blue playing on the pavement ahead of her. Still running, her eyes flicked up to the sky above, feeling the cold rain on her skin, the moon barely visible from behind a veil of clouds.

'Cause in the heat of the night

I feel the hunger burning me inside

In the heat of the night

I see the starlight shining in your eyes

She longed to spread her arms wide and lift off the pavement, to close her eyes and defy gravity. The cool wind and rain flew past her face, and the pounding bass driving into her soul, throwing her foreward like a pair of mighty engines. Her feet raced the wind, wet hair trailing after her as she pushed herself to the limit, every muscle in her body numb to all but the music.

You could be my destiny

In the heat of the night

I'll find a place, a place in time

Beneath the city lights

Her eyes squeezed shut, her arms spreading to catch the wind. The soaring synth sent shockwaves through her body, an electrical impulse that forced her body on. There was no turning back now that she had come this far. The sky was so close. Finally, her eyes snapped open and she was flying.

'Cause tonight I'm gonna start the fire

I'm gonna lose my self-control

You know what I want

Nothing's gonna stop me now

The pavement dropped from behind her feet, and her stomach dropped as her body lifted from the confines of Earth, if ever so briefly before it rose before her again like a shifting ocean wave, crashing into her body. Her mind reeled, tasting coppery blood in her mouth.

'Cause in the heat of the night

I feel the hunger burning me inside

In the heat of the night

I see the starlight shining in your eyes

The music poured into her as her life poured out, a bird with a broken wing still wishing to fly. Her eyes cast up into the sky again, the beautiful, silvery orb that was the moon smiling down as if to mock her.

No comments:

Post a Comment